Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Challenging Myself - 2014 Dessert Challenge

So I have noticed that I'm still terrible about blogging. Here's the thing though... I'm trying new recipes all the time still! So here's to my goal to get back into putting the stories of my successes/failures on the blog. I decided the best way to do this is to institute a challenge again. I liked the Cheesecake Challenge. I royally sucked at it after my son was born, but it was FUN.

In an effort to make this a productive endeavor, though (and because I'm actually in the process of losing that 15 pounds--halfway and trying to maintain...), I'm going to make a more flexible "Dessert Challenge." I know,  it doesn't sound as cool, at all. But it's probably more practical, since I avoid cheesecake like the plague (it's too good to give away and too fattening to eat all the time!).

So I've decided to make my own "Baker's Challenge." The goal is to make one of these desserts a month, on average (at least). I have 7 desserts here, enough for one a month from June-December. I even selected a wide variety of treats to suit all sorts of occasions. Let's see if I can manage it!

1. Chocolate Chess Pie

Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe from addapinch.com

2. Tiramisu Sandwich Cookies

Tiramisu Sandwich Cookies - Lemons for Lulu

3. German Dark Rye Bread

dark rye bread

4. No-Bake Nutella Cheesecakes

Mel's Kitchen Cafe | No-Bake Nutella Cheesecakes

5. Cannoli Cupcakes

Cannoli Cupcakes

6.  Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie



7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Chocolate peanut butter pie

No comments:

Post a Comment