Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cheesecake Challenge #1: Cheesecake in a Mug

Since I came up with this challenge in the evening, well after I could possible make a cheesecake, I decided to start off simple... the Cheesecake in a Mug. I've previously tried the Brownie in a Mug, with varying degrees of success, but what a great idea--relatively instant cheesecake!

From recipe source, 2 Stews

Now, I started this one last night, and I'd already reached my calorie limit for the day and finished exercising, so I decided I could make this in the evening and let it refrigerate overnight, so I'd have a delightful treat for lunch. Therefore, I whipped this together in about 10 minutes last night, let it cool, and popped it into the fridge.

The verdict? It was pretty good, but I'm on the fence about including it in my recipe book, so I'm giving it a 4.5 stars.

It was pretty good--especially the parts I didn't over cook. Some of the edges were a little overdone, but the center was smooth and creamy. It definitely had a very sour-creamy flavor to it, though. Although that's not bad, it's just not traditional cheesecake to me, more like a sour-cream cheesecake. It was good.


In my not-so-elegant picture above, you can see how my edges were a little over-done (it was a learning process, okay!?). But the center was smooth and good.

I found this recipe on 2 Stews. Here it is:

Microwave Mug Cheesecake

2 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 T. sugar
2 T. egg white
1/2 tsp. lemon juice (I skipped this)
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1 T. mini chocolate chips to mix in

In a mug, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, sugar, egg, lemon juice, and cornstarch and whisk until light, about 2 minutes. Add mix in (chocolate chips).

Microwave. This depends on your microwave, but I did mine for about 1.5 minutes, watching it. You're supposed to do it until the center starts to bubble. Mine was rising a lot, so I really had to keep an eye on it.

Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate 1.5-2 hours (for me, overnight and until lunch). If any liquid has pooled, pour it out before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment