Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Cheesecake Challenge #2: Praline Crumb Caramel Cheesecake Bars

About a week ago, I made these:
From Source
I made them as a treat for my visiting teaching, since I hadn't gotten around to doing it. So I only kept a few at home and took the rest out and about. My reaction to the treats? They were good, but a little too sweet for my liking (I prefer more rich). However, I did get glowing praise from the adult kids of one of the women on how much they loved them. So...

Ultimately, I have to give these a 3 star rating.

But apparently others would rate them a lot higher...

Here is the end product and the recipe:

Praline Crumb Caramel Cheesecake Bar


1 Pouch Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 cup cold Butter
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
1/2 cup Toffee Bits

16 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Sugar
2 T. Flour
1/2 cup Caramel Topping
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 inch pan.
2. Cut butter into cookie mix. Reserving 1.5 cups for later, press into the pan and bake 10 minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, 1/4 cup caramel, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Spread over the based crust.
4. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs, pecans, and toffee bits. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cool 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining caramel and refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment