Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Cheesecake Challenge #4: Thin Mint Cheesecake Parfait

This week's experiment was the Thin Mint Cheesecake Parfait:
From 2Stews
I kind of had to make this one, since we now have Girl Scout Cookies and they don't last very long in our house. In fact, my husband bought them at work, promised me my own box, and then came home with a single sleeve for me. So I hid it until I had time to make the parfaits.

The end result? About par for the course-pretty good!
This will probably make the cookbook. It was different and good. I did have two critiques, though. The first, and it's first because my husband made the same critique, was that some mint extract or something to make the cheesecake bit a little more minty would have been good. There just wasn't quite enough mint from the cookies. So that would have been a nice touch.
The other thought? I thought it was a little grainy, and I'm pretty sure it happened when I put the gelatin in. Maybe I needed to let it cool a little more before putting it in cool cream cheese mixture, because it lumped up a bit and I just couldn't quite smooth it out.

Overall? Fairly successful! Here's the recipe:

Thin Mint Cheesecake Parfait


18 Thin Mint cookies
16 oz. Cream Cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 oz Plain Powdered Gelatin (1 packet)
2 T. Hot water
1 cup Heavy Cream

1. Whip cream cheese, then add powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice.
2. Mix gelatin and hot water until gelatin is mixed without lumps. Add to cream cheese mixture.
3. Add heavy cream and whip until light and fluffy.
4. Break a cookie into the bottom of each cup (4-6). Spoon the cheesecake mixture halfway, then break 2 more cookies. Spoon the remaining mixture over the top.
5. Refrigerate about 2 hours. Sprinkle one more cookie on the top before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment